Caring for Your Veil
How do I store the veil until my wedding day?
Remove the veil from the packaging and hang it from the center of the comb (teeth pointing up toward the ceiling). Many brides choose to hand the veil on a hanger in a cool, dry place.
How do I remove wrinkles from my veil?
Hang the veil over a hanger, and over time most of the wrinkles will fall out on their own. However, you can also hang the veil in the bathroom with a hot steamy shower running to get out any stubborn wrinkles. In addition, you can also take the veil to a reputable dry cleaner and ask them to steam it for you--it usually only takes a few seconds to complete.
DO NOT use an iron on your veil! The veil is so delicate that it will just melt.
About OBB Veils & Customizations
What Does The Customization Process Look Like?
Your handcrafted veil is customized just for you so that you can walk down the aisle feeling elegant and radiant. My Stress-Free Customization Process has 4 easy steps:
- E-mail me photos of your dress or inspiration photos of veils
- Review the free samples of lace and tulle that I mail to you
- Buy veil
- Hang up your veil upon arrival so that it de-wrinkles, and enjoy!
Do you take custom orders?
I adore working with brides on custom orders! Please message me HERE or e-mail me at email@example.com to get a price quote. You can send me photos of your wedding dress if you would like my opinion on what veil styles will work best with your dress. I would be honored to work with you to bring your wedding day vision to life.
I am worried that I cannot see the veil in person. How will I know what style to choose?
I promise to work with you to guide you to a wedding veil style that suites your dress and venue. I have worked with over 1300 brides in 10+ countries to make sure that their wedding veil compliments their venue, personal style, and wedding dress. it is my priority to make sure that your veil is everything that you have dreamed about and more. Please message me HERE or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free, stress-free styling consultation.
What length should I order my veil in?
Most of my veils are made to order, so I can make them in any length that you specify. Standard elbow length veils are around 25-30'' in length, standard fingertip veils are 35''-40'' in length, standard waltz veils are about 45''-50'' in length, standard chapel veils are 90'' in length, and standard cathedral veils are about 108'' in length. Please contact me for veil measuring instructions so that we can make sure that your veil is the perfect length for you.
How do I know if my veil will match my dress?
I would be more than happy to send you some free samples of my veiling and my lace so that you can see the different color options in person and compare them to your dress. Order free samples of tulle and lace HERE.
What veil colors do you offer?
- "White" - is a pure, bright white (similar to bleached paper).
- "Diamond White" - also called Off-White or Silk White - It is just a tad bit darker than white. It is a color between white and ivory, but is closer to white on the spectrum. This is confusing for some brides because “diamond” seems like it would imply this color should be a brighter “white”. However, diamonds do have a tinge of ivory or yellow – therefore the name! Diamond white wedding veils are perfect for “natural white” dresses, “light ivory” dresses, or off white dresses.
- "Ivory" - has pale cream undertones. This is by far the most popular color for wedding dresses, but there seem to be literally hundreds of names that designers use for their ivory-colored wedding dresses: pearl, vanilla, cream, eggshell, and more! So, what’s a bride to do?
It is very important that you ask for a swatch from your veil designer to ensure it really matches your dress. This will save you time and money in the longer run, and it will ensure that you walk down the aisle looking elegant and radiant. Order free samples of tulle and lace HERE.
Send me a photo of your wedding dress at email@example.com so that I can recommend a veil color.
I need a piece quickly. Do you accept rush orders?
Yes! I offer 2 day or overnight shipping (via FedEx) upon check-out. If you have additional questions, then please contact or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org